Founded in 1931, Mairs & Power, Inc. is Minnesota's oldest independent investment firm under continuous ownership and management. We offer an array of investment products to individuals, companies, and organizations. We are seeking candidates for the position of Mutual Fund Shareholder Client Service Leader.
Job Title: Mutual Fund Shareholder Client Service Leader
Reports To: Vice President, Investor Relations
Department: Client Service
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Exempt
Location: St. Paul, Minn., with a hybrid work model (remote flexibility, with some in-office work required)
Responsible for strategizing and leading every aspect of the direct individual investor experience-telephone, in person, and online/digitally. The position is responsible for providing superior customer service and transaction handling to our clients and managing the daily workflow processing, providing client service and fund operations support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service either in conjunction with U.S. Bank Global Fund Services (USBGFS) or directly, shareholder requests, inquiries and issues, including but not limited to new account registration, routine account maintenance, updating of account beneficiary designations, escalations, cost basis determinations, questions about performance or fund characteristics and complaints.
- Partner with USBGFS, transfer agent, legal and compliance departments to ensure the firm’s processes and procedures result in exceptional client experience.
- Manage and maintain CRM data via Salesforce for direct individual shareholders and Registered Investment Advisor (RIAs) contacts, relationships, and prospects.
- Responsible for managing shareholder correspondence and inquiries, documenting in Salesforce when applicable and maintaining records in accordance with record retention policies.
- Stay current on trends in the mutual fund and ETF industry to provide advice to Management on emerging opportunities in the marketplace.
- Proactively engage with key shareholders to deepen existing relationships.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of mutual funds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Excellent customer service
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently on complex and/or important projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Demonstrate positive outlook and willingness to help where needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in financial services/fund administration
- Series 7 & 63 preferred or willingness to obtain
What We Offer:
Mairs & Power offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time regular employees and competitive compensation.
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our 100% employee owned firm manages more than $10.5B in AUM across three mutual funds, one ETF, and individually managed accounts that serve individuals, families and organizations. We believe the best way to make money for our clients is to consistently utilize a disciplined long-term investment approach. We focus on companies with consistent, above-average growth, above-average returns on invested capital and durable competitive advantages.
At Mairs & Power, we believe integrity is the cornerstone of our values. We provide an atmosphere that rewards long-term success over short-term returns by encouraging our employees to solve problems through innovation, inclusivity, and collaboration. We are focused on doing what is right and cultivating the best ideas by consistently investing significant resources in our business to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage. We celebrate each unique perspective and reward the contributions of all our employees.