Founded in 1931, Mairs & Power, Inc. is Minnesota's oldest independent investment firm under continuous ownership and management. We offer an array of investment products to individuals, companies, and organizations. We are seeking candidates for the position of Equity Trader and Assistant Portfolio Manager.
Job Title: Equity Trader and Assistant Portfolio Manager
Reports To: Manager, Information Technology & Trading Operations
Department: Information Technology and Trading
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Location: St. Paul, Minn., with a hybrid work model (remote flexibility, with some in-office work required)
Mairs & Power is seeking an Equity Trader & Assistant Portfolio Manager with experience in constructing, recommending, and executing equity trades. The candidate will support multiple Investment Managers by assisting with account review, trading and investment account rebalancing based on model portfolios and client specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constructs and recommends equity trades to investment managers for institutional and individual accounts
- Responsible for updating model, rebalancing accounts and implementing strategy changes approved by investment managers or the investment committee
- Reconciles investment accounts to model portfolios on a regular basis
- Experience trading custom portfolios or multiple accounts in a single relationship
- Monitors, identifies and corrects any account level cash or position deviations from the model
- Performs account maintenance, as required
- Assists in the preparation of reports and presentations
- Responsible for restriction monitoring ensuring all trades conform with client and investment management mandates
- Monitors trading for best execution; providing updates to investment managers, as necessary
- Maintains accurate information on each trade, while ensuring that all documents and account records are up to date
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to gain efficiencies for the equity trading department
- Supports the successful execution of department related projects
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small group
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work with little supervision in an unstructured environment, including decision making and time management skills
- Solid understanding of capital markets
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with trade order management and portfolio accounting systems
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Degree in economics, finance, business administration, accounting, or related subject
- Minimum of three years of financial industry experience
- Minimum of three years trading experience, or a combination of trading and trade operations
What We Offer:
Mairs & Power offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time regular employees and competitive compensation.
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our 100% employee owned firm manages more than $10.5B in AUM across three mutual funds, one ETF, and individually managed accounts that serve individuals, families and organizations. We believe the best way to make money for our clients is to consistently utilize a disciplined long-term investment approach. We focus on companies with consistent, above-average growth, above-average returns on invested capital and durable competitive advantages.
At Mairs & Power, we believe integrity is the cornerstone of our values. We provide an atmosphere that rewards long-term success over short-term returns by encouraging our employees to solve problems through innovation, inclusivity, and collaboration. We are focused on doing what is right and cultivating the best ideas by consistently investing significant resources in our business to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage. We celebrate each unique perspective and reward the contributions of all our employees.