William B. Frels, CFA, CIC
- Chairman, Mairs and Power, Inc.
- Lead Manager of the Mairs & Power Growth and the Mairs & Power Balanced Fund
- Trustee and President of the Mairs & Power Funds Trust
- William B Frels joined Mairs and Power, Inc. in 1992 as the lead manager of the Mairs & Power Balanced Fund after 30 years of investment management experience. He began co-managing the Mairs & Power Growth Fund in 1999 and took over as lead manager in 2004 while maintaining several individually managed account relationships. Mr. Frels served as Chairman and CEO from 2007 through 2012 and as Chaiman of the Board since 2012.
- Mr. Frels began his career with First National Bank of Minneapolis as a security analyst and later Director of Research before spending several years at the First Trust Company of Saint Paul as a senior portfolio manager.
- Mr. Frels earned a BBA in Finance from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Mr. Frels is a CFA charterholder as well as a Chartered Investment Counselor and is active in several community organizations.